ASCENT: STEEL // ADVENTURE COMPLETE
The REILLY Ascent is made from Reynolds flagship steel tube set, 853. 853 tubes are alloyed with carbon, manganese, chrome, molydenum, silicon and copper, to achieve a staggering tensile strength of 1450Mpa! Comfortable, zingy and very resilient. Based on our highly acclaimed Titanium Gradient with our hugely flexible geometry, Mark Reilly/Damon Fisher designed and all in a package of pure indulgence.
Mark designed the Ascent to be very progressive with an ultra-secure disc 12 x 142mm rear thru axle and a stunning but subtle 853 tube set, offering superior durability and ride quality over challenging terrain.
We could have stopped there, but we didn’t. Clearances for 44mm tyres of 650b wheels, flat mount disc, thru axle because we believe Quick Release just doesn’t cut it! The new REILLY AXIS tube set is incredibly stiff but wonderfully comfortable making it ideal for fast gravel riding.
Road, Gravel, Audax, Tour, Cyclo Cross, this bike has it all!
We have spent many hours in the saddle considering our perfect setup for the Ascent bikes and we believe the options available meet our riders high demands and ours of course.
Our Component Choice:
SRAM 1X / Shimano 2X complete groupsets: We've chosen the components to best match the conditions the Ascent excels in. Be it riding fast down country lanes on a Shimano 2x setup or technical gravel tracks utilising SRAM 1x we have you covered. We only supply complete groupset with matched flat-mount disc brakes.
Wheelset and Tyres:
- Fulcrum Racing Sport Wheelset: Disc specific wheelset that provides excellent durability & performance all year round, especially during wet weather rides when better braking is required.
- Panaracer GravelKing SK: A great tyre that works well on various terrains, being fast on the smooth and grippy on the loose. With durability so important to the Ascent ethos no other tyre will do.
Bars, Stem, Seatpost and Saddle:
We've specced our Ascents with the best in REILLY componentry.
- Vector carbon seat post and our lightest yet at 148 grams, supplied with 2 6AL-4V titanium retaining bolts.
- Vector titanium RS saddle. Atoms shaping, a proprietary technology that gives our saddle a sleek finish without a visible seam between the cover and the base. In addition, this innovative technology also ensures a 100% waterproof feature.
- Vector alloy bar and stem.
- Vector chrono headset, for 44mm head tubes, 1 1/8" to 1.5" tapered steerers.
Road CC / David Arthur - Fun and capable adventure road bike with great looks to match the great ride. Read the full 5-star review here.
"The Gradient is right at home negotiating narrow tree-lined singletrack with loose corners and steep climbs and would be a good choice if you're looking for a bike to tackle one of the growing number of gravel events like the Dirty Reiver."
Gritcx / Mark Tearle - Where this bike really excels, in my view, is when you point it downwards. Read the full review here
"I want one. I won’t rest until I get one. I know that if this bike was in my shed that, more often than not, it is the bike I would grab more than any others to take me out on adventures. It’s so versatile, so capable and so damned pretty. This is a bicycle that doesn’t ask, it just insists and, well, who am I refuse?"
- 853 Reynolds Steel
- Di2/eps or mechanical to choice.
- Clearances for 650b x 50mm or 700c x 44mm tyres.
- Designed for up to 44mm tyres and full mudguard clearance even with 44mm tyres.
- Flat mount brakes, with 142mm x 12mm thru axle.
- Fully equipped with carrier mounts and mudguard fixings as standard.
- 3 sets of bottle cage fittings with 3rd Bottle cage bosses on the underside of the down tube designed to work perfectly with tool kegs.
- CNC 44mm head tube for Chris King inset and Reilly ChronoHeadset.
- English threaded BB.
- 27.2mm seat post size.
- 28.6mm band on front derailleur clamp.
- REILLY signature Bright brushed finish as standard.
- Lifetime warranty, this extends to the original owner only and is non-transferable.
|SEAT TUBE C/TOP||470MM||490MM||510MM||530MM||550MM|
|TOP TUBE VIRTUAL||520MM||540MM||550MM||570MM||590MM|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||76||75||74||73.5||73|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||70||71||71.5||72||72|
|AXLE TO CROWN||395MM||395MM||395MM||395MM||395MM|