*We reserve the right to change specification due to current supply shortages.
GRADIENT / TITANIUM 3AL-2.5V // ADVENTURE
The REILLY GRADIENT is an unprecedented engineering achievement. Combining a Hydro-formed REILLY AXIS 3AL-2.5V titanium tube set with our hugely flexible geometry, designed and all in a package of pure indulgence.
Mark designed the GRADIENT to be very progressive with an ultra-secure disc 12 x 142mm rear thru axle and a stunning but subtle REILLY AXIS multi-facet Hydro-Formed titanium tube set, just like our favourite steel tube set Columbus Spirit HSS.
We could have stopped there, but we didn’t. Clearances for 700c 44mm tyres with guards too, and 650b 47/50c tyres without guards, flat mount disc and thru axles because we believe Quick Release just doesn’t cut it! The new REILLY AXIS tube set is incredibly stiff but wonderfully comfortable making it ideal for fast gravel riding.
Road, Gravel, Audax, Tour, Cyclo Cross, this bike has it all!
We have spent many hours in the saddle considering our perfect setup for the Gradient bikes and we believe the options available meet our riders high demands and ours of course.
We'll set-up the front brake to be operated by the Right Hand lever. Please state in 'Order Notes' how you would like them set-up if otherwise.
Our Component Choice:
Shimano 2X complete groupsets: We've chosen the components to best match the conditions the Gradient excels in. We only supply complete groupset with matched flat-mount disc brakes.
We only fit current group sets so for 105 its R7020, Ultegra is R8020 and Di2 is R8070
Shimano Builds are supplied with 50/34 Compact Chainsets and 11-34 cassettes with Ultegra and 11-32 with 105.
All Shimano builds are supplied with 50/34 Compact Chainsets. 170mm cranks on small, 172.5mm cranks on medium and large, 175mm on extra large. If you want to change these choices just pop it in the order notes.
Shimano GRX 1 x builds
GRX is Shimano's new Gravel/Adventure Groupset and is long awaited but we now have the 600 series in stock. These come with a 40T front chainring and 11-42 rear cassette.
GRX builds have the choice of Fulcrum racing 900 wheels which are brilliant for the money or of course Hunt Gravel 4 season gravel wheels.
SRAM RED AXS groupsets:
For 2 x choose from 50-37, 48-35 or 46-33T rings, just add your choice in the notes section. This comes with a 10-33T cassette.
For 1x, 40T as standard or 46T, just add your choices in the notes section.
Below are the actual build specifications, the photographs we use may not always show these, but the list below is what will be delivered.
Wheelset and Tyres:
- Hunt: 4 season gravel wheels are now fitted as standard, tubeless ready.
- Panaracer Gravel King SK: Designed to give you speed on the road but grip the towpaths and cycle tracks, and toughened with PT protection will keep you puncture free. Tubeless ready 38 to 43c fitted, other sizes available but please call to discuss.
Bars, Stem, Seatpost and Saddle:
We've specced our Gradient with the best components.
- Reilly Vector carbon seat post and our lightest yet at 148 grams, supplied with 2 6AL-4V titanium retaining bolts.
- Reilly Vector titanium RS saddle. Anatomically shaped, a proprietary technology that gives our saddle a sleek finish without a visible seam between the cover and the base. In addition, this innovative technology also ensures a 100% waterproof feature.
- Deda Zero 1 handlebars and stem.
- Reilly chrono headset, for 44mm head tubes, 1 1/8" to 1.5" tapered steerers. Black included as standard but you can choose red, pewter or blue at no extra cost.
Road CC / David Arthur - Fun and capable adventure road bike with great looks to match the great ride. Read the full 5-star review here.
"The Gradient is right at home negotiating narrow tree-lined singletrack with loose corners and steep climbs and would be a good choice if you're looking for a bike to tackle one of the growing number of gravel events like the Dirty Reiver."
Gritcx / Mark Tearle - Where this bike really excels, in my view, is when you point it downwards. Read the full review here
"I want one. I won’t rest until I get one. I know that if this bike was in my shed that, more often than not, it is the bike I would grab more than any others to take me out on adventures. It’s so versatile, so capable and so damned pretty. This is a bicycle that doesn’t ask, it just insists and, well, who am I refuse?"
ADVNTR CC / James Deane - I could tell the Gradient was going to be a fun bike to ride as soon as I saw it. And I was right. here.
"The Gradient is a thoroughly modern ‘go anywhere’ bike. Equally at home on or off road, it will take you anywhere. And it will do it fast! Progressive geometry means the Gradient is capable running both 700c and 650b wheels."
The finished bike exudes a style that makes it look determined yet fast, even when leaning up against a cafe wall.
- Di2/eps/eTap or mechanical to choice.
- Clearances for 650b x 50 or 700c x 45 tyres.
- Designed for up to 50mm tyres and full mudguard clearance even with 50c tyres.
- Flat mount brakes, with 142mm x 12mm thru axle.
- Fully equipped with carrier mounts and mudguard fixings as standard.
- 3 sets of bottle cage fittings with 3rd Bottle cage bosses on the underside of the down tube designed to work perfectly with tool kegs.
- CNC 44mm head tube for Chris King inset and Reilly ChronoHeadset.
- English threaded BB.
- 31.6mm seat post size.
- 34.9mm band on front derailleur clamp.
- REILLY signature black logos/brushed finish as standard.
- Lifetime warranty, this extends to the original owner only and is non-transferable.
Rider Height vs Frame Sizing
|Rider Height (Ft/in)||Rider Height (Metres)||Suggested Frame Size|
|5'1" to 5'4"||1.55m to 1.63m||EXTRA EXTRA SMALL|
|5'3" to 5'6"||1.60m to 1.68m||EXTRA SMALL|
|5'5" to 5'8"||1.65m to 1.73m||SMALL|
|5'7" to 6'0"||1.70m to 1.83m||MEDIUM|
|5'11" to 6'2"||1.80m to 1.88m||LARGE|
|6'1" to 6'4"||1.85m to 1.93m||EXTRA LARGE|
|6'3" to 6'6"||1.91m to 1.98m||EXTRA EXTRA LARGE|
|SEAT TUBE C/TOP||470MM||490MM||510MM||530MM||550MM|
|TOP TUBE VIRTUAL||520MM||540MM||550MM||570MM||590MM|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||76||75||74||73.5||73|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||70||71||71.5||72||72|
|AXLE TO CROWN||400MM||400MM||400MM||400MM||400MM|